Thursday, December 10, 2009

Review #1

Here is my review #1... technically of book #2.
We read Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach.
I thought this book was intersting and good overall. It was really funny and I'm glad the author didnt take life-literally too seriously. She kept the dialogue going as if she was having a conversation with the reader directly and she told an excellent story of her findings. Some of the chapters were a bit unusual and I was caught off guard when I found myself suddenly reading about animal transplant and connecting different organs- for a split second I thought somehow the Island of Dr Moreau had found itself in my book.. and I didnt want to read any further. I did though and Im glad I finished it. It is not for those with weak stomachs because there is a lot of specific detail as to what happens to our bodies but I am glad I know and I will forever have a little special place in my heart for all those cadavers that do the dirty work nobody else can do.

1 comment:

  1. I liked it too! Yes, some parts were beyond disturbing, but oh well, it was a good read!

    ReplyDelete